Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Growing by leaps and bounds

This Saturday, at out church picnic, we got to witness a brand new baby Alpaca who had been born right before we arrived. Cutest thing ever. We all stood around in wonder as we watched it take it's few steps, and learn how to nurse. I'm pretty sure I fell in love with alpacas that day.

Me and another girl couldn't help but notice the difference between animals and human babies. Ryleigh took 14 months to learn how to walk. This alpaca had it down in just a few hours! It's kinda crazy. I see so many of my friends getting upset because their kids are entering kindergarten/1st grade/etc. for the first time, and thinking kids grow up so quickly. Just be glad you're not an alpaca! haha.

As a little side-ish note. My little bundle of joy is growing by leaps and bounds too. For example, just now she asked if she could watch tv. I said "no" because I have strict tv rules, and she does not get to watch tv during the day. She looked at me and said' "tv, little bit?". Haha. She was totally trying to bargain with me!

She's also learning so much every day! She now knows most of her letters, all of her zoo/aquarium/farm/backyard animals. She knows her basic shapes.... and we're working on her colors, but she pretty much just says that everything is green. haha.

We're still working on the potty training thing, but right now she's having trouble telling the difference between when she has to "toot", and when she really has to go number 2. haha

No comments: