Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm the mom

Do you ever have moments when you realize, "I'm the mom now"?

Today as I was making french toast for Ryan and Ryleigh I was thinking about how everyone (usually) thinks that their mom cooks everything the best. For example, I love my mom's meatloaf, and I'm pretty sure no one cooks it as good as she does. Even when I use her recipe my meatloaf still doesn't taste as good as hers does (although, I have to admit, my meatloaf is pretty darn delicious). And Ryan loves his mom's peanut butter french toast, which I won't even attempt to make, because I know I won't get it just right.

So I was picturing, 27 years down the road when Ryleigh's feeding french toast to her kids, will she be remembering how I used to make it just right? Will she always strive to cook dinner "just like moms"?

Just a fun little thought to think about on days when sometimes the last thing you feel like doing is cooking dinner... Someday that dinner may be the comfort food your kid longs for when they're all grown up!

No comments: