Wednesday, September 1, 2010

So Long Summer

I do not think I could express in words how happy I will be when this summer is completely over. It has been such an incredibly difficult summer!!

I know everyone loves summer time because it means a chance to sit around and do nothing. To me, sitting around doing nothing is worse than my worst nightmare. I hate doing nothing!! I have to be active 24/7 to be happy.

During normal times like the fall/winter/spring I have a lot going on. I work in the evenings, and that alone makes everything more hectic. But I also have social groups like Mom's Time Out, and I attend weekly Bible studies, which not only provide a social outlet, but also helps me stay more on track with doing my daily devotions. Thankfully we do have a children's program at our library, but even that ended 4 weeks ago. Therefore I have been left with absolutely nothing as far as set weekly plans go. And for me, that is the most depressing reality to face.

Plus, during fall and spring the weather is sooo much nicer to actually go out and do things. I have been such a hermit this summer because I didn't want to face the heat!

I am very thankful for the fun play dates we've had with friends and family. And I have definitely gotten lots of use out of our zoo, museum, and aquarium memberships!! But I hate waking up each day trying to think of things to do to stay busy. I'd rather have set days with everything planned out already.

However, I understand I'm pretty much the only one who hates to see summer go, especially since so many people I know are teachers. So I know lots of people disagree with me... but, too bad. haha

3 comments:

Amy's Avenue Blog! said...

Ok so your other post (that I am assuming you deleted), came up in my reader, but now i cant find it. Anyway,this is completely crass, but i was going to say that the pregnancy myth is sort of like the sex myth. In the movies the woman always comes to an orgasm with such ease, each and every time- NOT REALITY! Also, it never shows the woman running to the bathroom so fast to get the dripping globs out of her.

darn hollywood!

Deborah said...

Ohhh No you're not the only one girl! I despise summer, especially this summer, and moreso since we got our own place, have no central air and can barely afford to turn on the units. It STINKS. I'll also be one big happy camper when this summer is gone for the year!! :)

Micayla said...

Debbie, I'm glad I'm not the only one!