Friday, October 22, 2010

Little Boy Blue

Ok I have to admit I am absolutely thrilled that baby #2 is a boy!

Ryan and I had already talked about only having 2 kids. Mostly because of finances. When you think of how expensive it is to go out to eat, or take a family vacation, or put kids through college it's insane. We realized that if we still want enough money to be able to do those things we should probably limit the number of kids we have. So we were very happy to find out we will now have a boy. One of each gender sounds good to me.... (but we reserve the right to maybe change our minds and try producing more little playmates :-)

I am also happy that Ryleigh will always be daddy's little princess. All my life I wanted to raise a little girl who was daddy's little girl, and I get that chance and I'm happy.
And on the flip side I'm excited about having a boy for me. I've always heard there's a special bond between a mom and her son, and I can't wait to experience it. (Is it crazy I was thinking, "I get to do the mother/son dance at his wedding!"?)

I am also super excited about all the shopping.... lately I've started noticing some adorable boy outfits and have resisted the urge to buy them! But now I think I'm going to attempt to sell Ryleigh's clothes to purchase boy clothes!! Yay!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

AWW YAY!!! Boys are so amazing Micayla, they LOVE their mommies! So happy for you two! Diddo on the small amount of kids, I am hoping the next might be a girl, because I would like to have one but if it is a boy I will be just as thrilled. Did I mention boys are amazing? :-) Congratulations!

(I honestly thought it was a boy due to the differences in pregnancy. Danny's pregnancy was awful).

Amy's Avenue Blog! said...

I absolutely LOVE having a little boy!! There is definitely something so special about the mom and her son. You will be so so so in love!