Wednesday, October 20, 2010

pink or blue..?

I remember about 2 and a half years ago Ryan and I were talking about having a baby. At the time I remember there were specific songs on the radio that made Ryan emotional, and I knew then that he was ready to be a daddy. The songs also happened to be about baby girls. "American Girl" by Carrie Underwood, and "Stealing Cinderella" by Chuck Wicks.
The Cinderella one was one of the reasons why we nicknamed our baby "Cinderelly".. before we ever had an ultrasound telling us it was a girl. I knew she would be a girl all along. I just felt it in my gut.

But this time around? Nothing. No special songs. No gut feelings. No mother's intuition. I have no clue what gender this baby will be.
And I am totally 50/50 on what I want it to be.
There are pros and cons to having another girl, and I think there's just as many pros and cons about a boy. So it should be interesting when I go for my ultrasound tomorrow. 5:40 can't come fast enough.

The only thing bothering me about it is we still have no clue what to name another girl. My one wish is to see my baby on the screen for the first time tomorrow and say "Hi....(insert name here)". I liked knowing that I was seeing "Ryleigh" on the screen almost 2 years ago. I hate referring to the baby as "baby"! I need a name by tomorrow night or I will just feel awful..... (Yes, I admit, I may be crazy. Ryan thinks so and can't understand my line of thinking).

I'm seriously thinking of just putting our favorite names in a hat and having Ryleigh pick one!

No comments: