Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting ready for baby

Since finding out that we are having a boy I have been busy going through Ryleigh's old clothes to find unisex items, throw out items with stains, and set aside some hand-me-downs. I'm trying to sell somethings on Craigslist, but I am more than willing to give everything away to someone who needs it.
We have been so blessed with so many clothes for Ryleigh! Between hand-me-downs and grandparents who enjoy spoiling their grandkids we have never actually needed to buy anything for Ry... of course there's been several outfits I haven't been able to resist buying, even if she didn't NEED them. :-)

Now my focus is on preparing for a boy.
I registered at Babies R'Us just for the fun of it, and the 10$ gift card they promised me. (why not? right?). While at BRU I told Ryleigh we were shopping for Xander and had to find things he will need. She got so into it! Anytime she spotted an item she'd say, "Xander needs it", and made me scan it with the registry gun. And she was actually pretty accurate with most stuff. She knew he needs sippy cups and a car seat... she may have made me scan one too many cute little pairs of shoes though.

It's really helped her prepare for the baby I think.
Now if you ask her what she'll do with her baby brother she'll tell you she's going to give him hugs and kisses and play with him. And if you ask her what sound a baby makes she'll tell you they say, "woosh woosh", since that's the sound the fetal doppler makes when we listen to his heartbeat. I love that it seems to becoming more real to her now. She keeps asking if Xander is out yet :-)

It's nice that at least for now she's enjoying the thought of having a baby brother. We'll see how long it lasts...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Aw how sweet! I'm sure she'll enjoy it!