Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A blog in which I whine some more

I have been trying so hard not to whine and complain, but it's just so hard when I'm all hormonal!
Today was especially annoying, and I just can't stop myself. Feel free to skip this blog if you want.

I want to get out of this horrible apartment right now! Today my ceiling started leaking. Ever since we moved in we could tell the ceiling has leaked before because there has been this nasty multi-ringed water mark up there. Well today, with all the snow and rain sitting on the roof it started leaking again.

So I called maintenance, and no lie, the guy came, poked a hole in the ceiling with my screwdriver, put a bucket under it, and left. He said there's really nothing they can do until all the snow and rain dries up. He also mentioned the fact that it is supposed to snow again this week.

So now with the hole, and the big giant wet spot on my ceiling all I can think is, wasn't it really dumb to put a hole there? Isn't it compromising the structural integrity of it even more? Will I wake up one morning to find the rest of it caved in?And if it's been leaking before what about mold? I was very concerned to see all the moisture that my ceiling has been retaining.

After dealing with this stupid mess I had to run to Acme. As Ryleigh and I walked out to the car I saw the disgusting piles of dog poop that our neighbor leaves on the grass and sidewalk. Well, the rain had washed away a lot of the snow today... so now instead of the couple of piles I thought were there, suddenly I noticed at least 12 piles of poop.

Ugh. So disgusting! So once again I had to file a complaint with the leasing office. Thankfully I talked to a woman who was as equally disgusted as I was. She promised to deal with the situation. I really, really hope she's effective.

I know I should be happy that I have maintenance men to fix our roof, but not when they do shoddy work. I hate knowing that the ceiling has leaked before and it wasn't fixed properly, so it probably won't be fixed properly this time either. And I hate living in such close proximity to disgusting, rude people. Hopefully when we're in a house we'll have at least a few feet in between us and our neighbors!

Again, sorry for the negativity and complaining but I'm just so frustrated with being stuck here! July cannot come soon enough!

No comments: