Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Me? A napper?

I am not a napper.
In the beginning of Ryleigh's life I tried to heed the advice of "Sleep when the baby sleeps". Apparently it's great advice, but the problem with it is that I can't sleep.

I have been an insomniac for years. My doctors tried treating it, but without the aid of habit forming sleep aids there isn't much hope. I lay in bed for hours trying to fall asleep, but my brain just won't shut off. So, of course, this affects nap times too. If Ryleigh only sleeps for 2 hours, and it takes me about 3 just to fall asleep you can see that I have a bit of a problem.

Well, just in the past week I've discovered the solution to the problem. It's called, being a pregnant mom in the 3rd trimester. Works like a charm. I have taken naps for the past 5 days! It's actually kind of crazy considering how many sleep problems I've had throughout my life.

I'm hoping this new found ability to sleep in the afternoon will stick around after the baby is born too.

..... Now to just figure out how to fall asleep at night, cause not even the 3rd trimester has affected it :-(

No comments: