Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh good. More stress.

Today I went to yet another doctor's appointment. (Going once a week is just so much fun).
While we were there the doctor noticed Xander's heartrate went low. It came back up and leveled out, but that was a cause for concern. So, the doctor asked me to stay for a non-stress test. It's just a test where they monitor the baby's heartbeat for about 20 minutes. Thank God Ryan had already planned on picking Ryleigh up during my appointment, because she was misbehaving and acting horrible during the appointment, I would hate to think of what she would have done with another 20 minutes!
So I did the non-stress test and again Xander's heartbeat went low for a couple seconds and then went back up again.
My doctor said there's usually 2 reasons for that to happen. 1) it could just be that he's in a position where he's squishing the cord, but then once he moves it's okay. or 2) the fluid levels could be low.
So now I have to go for another ultrasound this week, hopefully tomorrow or Thursday, to check the fluid levels, and then I have to go for another non-stress test on Friday.
Then depending on the results of those tests I may have to go to the doctor's twice a week for non-stress tests.

So now I have to drive all around south jersey this week, in between working 2 part-time jobs, and taking care of Ryleigh. Plus worrying about all the added medical expenses at a time when we wanted to put an offer in on a house :-(
And I know it's all worth it to make sure my baby is okay, but seriously, I've already been burnt out for weeks, I just don't know how much more I can take!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

:( I hope this makes you feel better: I had low amniotic fluid with Danny and all I had to do was guzzle water! It stinks because, you already have to go to the bathroom so often but, thankfully it was remedied! Hopefully that's all it is. :)