Saturday, March 12, 2011

One week in

Xander was officially a week old last night at 9:54pm. I have to say, this week has been a lot easier than I had been expecting. Yes, there was a lot of pain, a lot of tears and emotions, and a lot of frustration, but not as bad as I thought.

Thank God for my mom! She has been so great about jumping in and helping out with Ryleigh, cooking meals, cleaning up, and driving me to the places I need to go. She has made this week so much easier. I'm so nervous about when she leaves on Monday!!

Ryan has been wonderful too. It's nice that he's more confident with taking care of a baby this time around. He had no qualms about changing diapers, getting Xander dressed, or whatever else needs to be done.

And thankfully Xander has been good. Aside from one sleepless night he has been doing really well. He wakes up to eat about 2 times in the night, and then usually goes back to sleep. I can honestly say that I do not feel sleep deprived! I can't believe it. I expected to be a walking zombie for a few weeks.

Starting tomorrow people from church will start bringing us some meals, and I am so thankful for that! It will be so nice not to have to worry about dinner next week as I adjust to life with two kids, and without my mom here to help!

In other news, this week we finally signed the contract on our house and signed some loan papers for our mortgage. Next step, inspection on Monday!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Great news! So happy for you and Ryan, Micayla. :)