Saturday, October 4, 2008

I <3 maternity clothes

It struck me earlier today how nice maternity clothes are. Not only are they the only type I can wear, but with the majority of pants you don't have any buttons or zippers. Can life get any easier? haha.

But seriously, I love shopping for maternity clothes even more than I like wearing them. There's a store called Destination Maternity. They carry all the really cute, expensive clothes, but if you go all the way in the back you'll find the cheap ones. Seriously, I just bought brand new jeans for 19 bucks. Yay! But it's not the cheap prices I like. It's the pampering.

The first time I shopped there I was showered with pamphlets of information about everything having to do with babies. I was also showered with free samples of things :-) It's the type of store where you're "assigned" a sales lady, she follows you around, helps you find things, starts a dressing room for you, and happily goes and gets a different size if you need one. So basically she does everything you wish your husband would do, haha. But the nice thing about this store is they have a big TV so the husbands can watch the game while you're being treated like a queen. And they offer drinks (non-alcoholic of course). I sometimes feel bad when I make someone wait on me only so they can ring up my 19 dollar purchase, but really I just enjoy the pampering.

Silly me. I thought I would get pampered a lot when I was pregnant. I was so disappointed when I realized my house didn't magically clean itself, and my oven didn't automatically yield a delicious dinner every night. I'm sure if Cinderella was pregnant she'd have mice and birds do everything for her. But sadly I still have to cook, clean, do laundry, and scrub toilets. Not to mention the fact that I'm working 2 jobs, plus volunteering in the church nursery. I cannot wait until my maternity leave!! It starts in just 12 weeks!! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our "oven" yields a delicious meal - its known as the PHONE FOR TAKE OUT ;) HAHAHAHA