Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well we're back from our weekend in Rhode Island. Let me just say how nice it was to be home! Between the shower, church, and an impromptu attendance at my 2nd cousin's birthday party we got to pretty much see my whole family. It was great to see everyone.

My shower was very nice. I got a lot of presents. We got an umbrella stroller, car seat, and tons and tons of clothes. Unfortunately the majority of the presents were clothes..... and blankets. We now have about 15 blankets. Now, I am very thankful to have all the clothes, they're all very cute, but I didn't get a lot of the big expensive things we need. I was kinda hoping people would chip in and split the cost of the big things like a pack & play, crib mattress, etc. We didn't get a single baby bottle, or pacifier, or box of diapers, or any other very necessary things. So I tried not to be disappointed by all the clothes, and I tried to focus on the big stuff that we did get. Hopefully I did a good job of smiling the whole time. Unfortunately no one thought to give us gift receipts, so I am now stuck with things like sweaters she'll fit into in July, and t-shirts she'll fit into in February. grrrr.
My favorite presents were the hand made stuff. I got 3 hand made blankets, 2 hand made sweaters, and a hat. Those were sweet cause they were made with love.

Thankfully after we left RI my mom called to say she was talking with my cousins and aunts and they realized they had old stuff to give me. So, as long as they're in good condition I will be inheriting a crib mattress, stroller, breast pump, pack & play, and a swing from people in my family who no longer need them. So, that will be a huge help!! I just have to wait until Thanksgiving to check them out, make sure they're still in good condition, etc. But yay for free stuff!!

On another note, it was fun watching the Red Sox game up in RI where everyone's a Red Sox fan! If they win tonight they'll be playing the Phillies in the world series....... yeah, that'll be very awkward for me...... our house will be like the civil war. haha.

No comments: