Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My husband, my hero

Yesterday I was feeling very impatient about putting Ryleigh's crib together. This involved us going to the storage unit and tracking down some missing hardware. After taking about half the stuff out of storage, having a chair fall on his head, and lifting lots of heavy boxes Ryan finally found the hardware in the back corner. He didn't whine or complain, he was just happy to make me happy.

Today during my lunch break I accidentally left my car lights on, resulting in a dead battery. I called Ryan while he was at work, and left him a message. The whole afternoon I didn't stop to think, "What if he doesn't come to pick me up and jump my car.". I had full faith that he would come to my rescue. At 5:30 he was there to pick me up, he stood in the freezing cold rain and wind and jumped my car for me.

I am so thankful for this wonderful man that I know I can always count on. I could spend the rest of my life trying to thank him for all the wonderful things he does for me, and that still wouldn't even come close to repaying him. I'm so happy I married such a great man :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's because he has such wonderful (and humble) role models in his older brothers!!

And I know Ryleigh will be glad to have a great daddy!