Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Change

My job has changed.... I still haven't decided if it's for better or worse.

My boss's threat to move me to the toddler room became reality today. I started the day in the toddler room, got sent to the baby room for naptime, then back to the toddler room for snack and outside time, and then back to the baby room for the last 45 minutes of the day so there would be a familiar face greeting parents as they pick up their babies. Yeah it's not so fun answering the question, "How was my baby's day?" when you've spent a total of like an hour with the kid off and on all day.
Hopefully they'll work out a schedule where I can maybe only switch rooms one time a day or something.
I also had my hours changed. I now work from 8-5, instead of 8:30-5:30. I'm dreading the 6:30 a.m. alarm going off, but I am looking forward to getting home earlier. I will have a little more time to get house work done, cook dinner, and see Ryan.

On another note, that parent that caused me to get yelled at by my boss has shown her true colors. One day she came in and complained that her daughter had a bib on, even though she wasn't being fed at the time. The next day she complained that her daughter's shirt was all wet from drool and spit up and said that she should have a bib on at all times. At that point my boss finally realized the woman is crazy, and she somewhat apologized to me. When the woman asked me to keep her bib on so her shirt doesn't get wet I said, "Ok, no problem"....... she then went to my supervisor and said that I was dismissive towards her.... and this time my boss stuck up for me. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear some positives from work - keep your faith! God is in control!