Saturday, November 22, 2008

Duct tape fixes everything

This morning I took a shower and then went downstairs to the kitchen for some food. I stepped right into a puddle on the floor. I looked around for the source of the puddle, and checked the color to make sure Hera didn't randomly lose control of her bladder. It wasn't until I got a drip on my head that I realized it was coming from the bathroom which is directly over the kitchen.

So, I called maintenance and they came to look at it. Turns out the tiles around our tub are loose and water gets behind the tiles and drips down. So, they're probably going to have to either redo the tiles, or they might just put one of those hard plastic "tub makeover" things that cover up all the existing stuff. Either way I am happy. Why am I happy? Because the water here is rusty, therefore everything in my shower is stained orange. I scrub and scrub but it will never go away.... so, hopefully they redo everything and I won't have orange caulking or whatever that stuff is called!

But for now, we have good ole' duct tape on our shower wall, keeping the water out. Haha. What is with maintenance men and duct tape??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Ryan gave up his ducky!

A Repletion of Reverie said...

give up Bernard??!! BLASPHEMY!

Shelly said...

our maintainence man fixed our shower the same way! ahhh duct tape!