Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am Superwoman!

So not to toot my own horn or anything but I think that the number of things I am doing today is pretty darn amazing.

3:30- Ryan's alarm goes off and instead of going to turn it off he lays in bed. So, me being a good wife start pushing him out of the bed..... until I realized he was unconscious because his sugar was low. Oops. So I got him some glucose right away, and it didn't help so I called 911.

3:50 EMT's show up and try to check his blood sugar. Ryan, being in an unconscious state proceeds to fight them off and manages to knee one poor EMT girl right in the face. After back up was called in and they sat on him and fought with him for 40 minutes they finally manage to get enough glucose in him to get him to walk out to the stretcher and go in the ambulance.

4:30 We're checked into the ER. Ryan's fine, just mad that he landed his butt in the ER again. He switched to a new kind of insulin and we're figuring it's the cause because his body just needed to adjust to the new type. Everything's fine now so don't worry mom :-)

4:35-7:00 We sit around in the ER and wait for Ryan to get released.... of course the doctors take their sweet old time.

7:10- We get home, I throw on some make-up and my work clothes, Ryan throws on his clothes and we head out to work.

8:30-5:30 I will be at work, feeling very tired, emotionally drained, and physically exhausted. (I am now at week 28, which I believe is the first week of the 3rd trimester).

6:15 I will get home from work, try to scarf something down before I have to start teaching for Sylvan

7-9 I will be teaching during these hours, probably trying my best to stay awake and to actually care whether or not my students understand what a synonym is.

9:00- this horrible, long day will be over..... after I prepare my coffee, get my lunch ready for tomorrow, shower, and get into bed.


Ah........ How much am I supposed to handle????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow kiddo that was quite a morning... I am so glad everything is okay!

It is no fun being tired all day that is for sure! Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that Ryan is okay. I can only imagine my brother trying to fight off EMTs in a semi conscious state!

Micayla said...

Ryan is ridiculously strong!! The EMTs actually asked me to get him a desk job so he wouldn't use his muscles every day, and they'd atrophy so next time he won't be quite as strong when he fights them off. Haha

JerseyGranny said...

Um...Now that I can breathe...First, I'm thankful that Ryan is ok but I am sure glad that I was sitting in bed as I was reading your blog. I'm also glad that everything is ok with you and Ryleigh!