Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Too sweet?

Well I went to the doctors on Monday for my glucose tolerance test and I found out today that I failed the test. My blood sugar was high, which means I could have gestational diabetes..... therefore I have to go back to the dr. for a 3 hour test! I'm not really looking forward to it. The first test wasn't bad. Everyone told me it would be horrible, and I'd get sick to my stomach and stuff, but I didn't have any problems at all.... I'm hoping the 3 hour test won't be that bad either.
The toughest part is taking 3 hours out of work. My boss complains about me being pregnant, but thankfully she doesn't give me a hard time about taking off to go to my appointments. But 3 hours is a long time, so hopefully she doesn't get upset.

I also have an appointment very early in the a.m. on Saturday to get an injection :-( I have negative type blood, so I have to get these stupid injections so that mine and my future babies blood don't clash. I think the doctor said it won't affect Ryleigh, but after her my blood with build up antibodies that would fight against a baby who had a positive blood type. I really hate the shot because it really is a big needle..... even Ryan says it's big, and he deals with needles every day, so I think he's a reliable source. So, pray that I can deal.

All these complications...... it's kind of annoying. But, at least none of them really affect Ryleigh. Although, if I do have gestational diabetes apparently it means she may be a big baby...... but judging from the size of my stomach I don't think I have to worry about that.

No comments: