Friday, December 12, 2008

I guess I'm crazy

I talked to my boss today and I decided to shorten my maternity leave. I will now be working until January 16th. That will give me just about 2 weeks before Ryleigh is due.

We have a Christmas break coming up, which will almost be 11 days long. We have to work on January 2nd, despite it being a friday which I think is retarded. I will be scheduled for the two weeks following that, but my boss said that since it would have been my maternity leave if I don't feel up to going to work I can just call out. They have also worked out it where if towards the end of the day they are able to send someone home early they will ask me first. They did that today and it was very nice, especially since I am once again starting to get sick.

The crazy thing is, they haven't hired anyone to take my place for when I actually do go on maternity leave. They will just figure it out day to day, and they'll be moving one full-time teacher from class to class as needed. And, when I come back another girl will be just starting her maternity leave, then when she comes back another girl will be leaving for her maternity leave........ To me it would just make sense to hire someone to cover for all 3 leaves.... I don't know what they're thinking.

But, all in all I hope it works out well. The only thing that will suck is if Ryleigh comes early, then I won't have any time off at all.

Also, we just signed up for birthing classes.... I was a total slacker.... so the class is on Tuesday nights, throughout the month of January. The last day of class is 2 days before my due date. haha. So, Ryleigh better not come early or I won't know what to do. I'm mostly concerned about the breathing techniques since I am still planning on not getting an epidural. We'll be cutting it pretty close. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy is a requirement for this family :)
Just take care of yourself and baby and let Ryan do the housework!