Saturday, December 20, 2008

Little known facts

It's a Saturday morning. Ryan's at work. I'm being lazy :-)
I was thinking the other day about how people who have newborns say they pretty much feel like they lose their identity once the baby was born. I'll discover the truth behind that soon enough. But, for the next 5 weeks maybe I'll try to focus on me. So, here's a list of little known facts about me.

1. I have held 9 jobs: Dry cleaner, camp counselor, TA for 2 bio profs, waitress, tutor, pre-K teacher, nanny, online tutor, and teacher assistant.

2. I have volunteered in 8 positions: peer tutor, nursery worker, animal shelter worker, tutor for inner-city kids, sunday school teacher, youth group leader, children's museum guide, and I've helped out in soup kitchens.

3. At the age of 10 I made a TV appearance. My best friend when I was kid had siamese twin sisters. They were conjoined from their chests to their hips. They lived full lives till the age of 8. When they died we went to NYC to be on the Maury Povich show to tribute their lives.

4. I have been out of the country 3 times. Once to Canada to compete in a choir contest (we got a silver medal). Once to England and France with the choir, we got to sing a Euro Disney, and at Stratford on the Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare. And I went back to England, and spent two weeks there to visit friends.

5. In the past 8 years I have lived in 4 states and at 8 different addresses. That's including my two summers in NH, but I'm including it because I think it counts if you are in a place long enough to warrant getting your mail forwarded there.

And that's all I can think of right now..... but so far I've done a lot and gone to a lot of places in my life, so hopefully I'll have memories of it when I become a mom and my life is filled with diapers, laundry, and bottles.

No comments: