Sunday, January 25, 2009

stupid questions deserve stupid answers

I can be a very sarcastic person. I try not to let this side of me show, but I'm pretty sure that at home Ryan and I are more sarcastic than serious most of the time.
This being said, it has been extremely difficult for me to hold my tongue this past week. I keep having people come up to me and ask about the baby. No lie, I actually had someone come up and introduce themselves and then ask why I haven't had the baby yet!

I usually say something like, "well, it's too cold outside and she's nice and snug inside, so she refuses to come out". I do not go into my explanation that I think the doctors have been wrong saying I was due on the 22nd because that doesn't make sense, I start week 40 on the 29th, so they should have kept that as my due date. I try to be nice, and funny and just brush off this annoying question.

But next time someone says, "where's the baby?" I think I'm just going to start yelling, "oh no! I knew I forgot something important at home!". Or maybe I can just tell the person, "I'm not pregnant"..... but I can't keep a straight face long enough to do that :-(

2 comments:

Shelly said...

i know the last 3 weeks suck b/c no one will leave you alone! it's mostly b/c people care but it's also VERY annoying!
i'm praying for you! she will be here soon (i can still remember thinking maeve would NEVER come!)and we can't wait to meet her! hang in there!

p.s. a few weeks after maeve was born steve brought amelie to school for the morning and one of his students asked if amelie was our NEW baby! ha! people are dumb. =)

Micayla said...

Haha. That's hilarious!