Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Up all night

I've been up all night. I've tried reading. I've tried counting sheep. I've tried it all. I just can't sleep.

One reason I can't sleep is pretty obvious. I miss sleeping on my back!!

The other reason is because of Broadway. I have a song from Rent in my head and it won't go away! If you've heard the commercials, Rent is now touring, and two of the original cast members are in the show, and it's coming to Philly and I really, really want to see it, so I've been nagging Ryan :-) Thankfully Ryan enjoys musicals as well. It's one of the reasons why I feel in love with him. Back when we had just met I took a look at his CD collection and when I saw musicals mixed in with every thing else I was amazed.... and I was even more amazed when I found out he actually knew the words and would sing along to them. That was a prerequisite for the man of my dreams that I honestly never thought I'd find.

Anyway, back to my sleepless night..... if you've ever seen the show, or the movie you'll know one of the songs had lyrics that say, "rent, rent, rent, rent, rent, we're not gonna pay rent"..... and that's what's in my head. That song is by far the most repetitive song ever but it will not get out of my head...... and therefore I have been up the entire night singing it in my head.

I wish I was a philosopher and I had deep meaningful thoughts running through my head. Haha.

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

Pretty soon you'll be sleep deprived for another reason!!!