Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Adjusting

I have to admit, yesterday was no a fun day. I'm not sure who cried more, me or Ryleigh. It was pretty overwhelming. I was in pain, and she was suffering from lots of gas pains... not to mention the fact that we barely had any sleep the night before.

Today is completely different. Last night we decided to let her sleep in the bed with us. It was a lot easier, and she slept so much better in my arms than she did in the crib. I have told myself I would never let my kids sleep in the bed with us, but I think it was a good choice for last night. I don't plan on making it a regular thing though.

This morning I woke up at 9, and Ryleigh didn't wake up till 9:30. I was able to get breakfast, check my email, and tidy up a bit. It was great. Then she got a sponge bath and some breakfast and then took a quick nap, allowing me to get a shower. I feel so human after showering and putting on make-up!! :-) I also decided to try and see if I could get my belly button ring back in. Truth is, I've missed it. And I was so happy to find that the hole hadn't closed up! It's not like I want anyone looking at my belly right now..... it definitely needs some work.... but I feel like a little jewelry makes it look a little better, therefore it makes me feel better.

Ryleigh got some lunch and now she's sleeping contently in her crib. We haven't been able to get her to sleep in her crib at all, but today this is nap #2 in the crib! Yay!

Now I just can't wait to be able to go places. I'm not supposed to drive for a week, but there's a lot of snow anyway, so I'm pretty much stuck in the house till Ryleigh's doctor's appointment tomorrow.

4 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

I wouldn't worry about sharing a bed with her at this tender age.

Shelly said...

you're doing a good job honey! don't worry about your and anyone else's expectations--do what works for you and your family. whatever gives you all the most sleep is best at this stage! and i agree, after having a baby nothing makes you feel more human than a shower and makeup!!

Megan and Company said...

I agree with both the wise mamas above. Whatever gets you the most sleep.. GO WITH IT!! :)

Enjoy getting to know your new little one and don't stress too much about doing stuff now that you don't want to do later. Take it one day at a time.

Josh slept great from the moment he was born and wanted nothing to do with us and our bed. It worked great. Leah would only sleep by my side for the first eight months of her life and now sleeps great on her own. It worked great.

Megan
(Michelle's friend, who likes to read about perfectly, tiny new babies that keep their moms up at night when those babies aren't my own.)

Anonymous said...

Adjustment is a big deal at this stage in the game and soon enough you will have a routine that includes sleep. You and Ryan make great parents and teamwork is important when it is possible. I miss Alex being that small so enjoy every second because they will fly by.. If you need me or want me to come and help out and I am able I will be there for you... ps... if the Gas persists the drops work and they are safe to use when they are first born! Trust Alex was gassy lol... their bellies are trying to adjust!lol
Love Regina