Sunday, February 1, 2009

My baby story

Ok, so it seems like everyone wants to know all about the birth of Ryleigh. I'm not really sure why cause most of it was not fun, but here it is.

I started having contractions around 12:30 on Friday. We sat around the house timing them and I was trying to deal with the pain until we called the dr. at 5:30 and she said I could go to the hospital. We arrived about 2 minutes later cause the hospital is so darn close. They pretty much admitted me right away since she was 2 days overdue. We called my mom who quickly bought a plane ticket to fly down.

Nothing about the whole process was what I expected/wanted.... but it turned out well. I didn't want pitocin, but they didn't give me much of an option.... plus I ended up wanting to get everything sped up so the pain would just end. I didn't plan on getting an epidural, but after dealing with contractions for like 8 hours I was definitely wanting it!! And I am so glad I got it. After getting the epidural everything went quickly. Thankfully the nurses knew my mom was on her way, so they kind of took their time getting everything ready for the actual delivery until she got there. I also never planned on having people in the delivery room with me, but in the end I had Ryan's mom, and my mom with me. And I'm glad I did cause they were very supportive and helpful. I pushed for just about an hour and Ryleigh was born at 3:04.

She was 18.5 inches, and 6lbs 15oz. She has a full head of dark hair, with a widow's peak that she inherited from her daddy.

I also wasn't planning on having the baby put on my stomach as soon as she was born.... I thought it would be gross. But the nurses didn't even ask, they just put her on my chest, and I'm glad for that too. It was pretty amazing. My first thought was, "wow, I can't believe I have a baby!".

Ryan did not want to cut the cord, but when the time came they asked if he wanted to do it and he said yes. He also took pictures of her being checked out and everything.

So, we are happy new parents and we're so happy we have a beautiful, perfect girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were so glad to see her today - she is absolutely beautiful! Now the FUN begins :)
You guys are more then welcome to come down when you want to!

Anonymous said...

Congrats