Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back in the swing of things

So I haven't had any teaching hours since like May. The summer is obviously slow because no one in this economy wants to pay to have their kid tutored in the summer time. But, thankfully things are picking up now. We also just signed contracts with the Chicago and New Orleans school districts, so we have a ton of new students.

However, I can see that nothing has changed. I'm "tutoring" one kid who was there one minute, he was doing his work, got all the question correct, I could hear him just fine and then he was gone. He's still logged in, but totally unresponsive. Another one says she can hear me, but doesn't answer any questions unless I type them out on the screen..... hmmm... My third student had tech problems, the tech support people told him to turn his computer off then on again to help the problem. He logged off 15 minutes ago and I haven't heard from him since.


Oh the joys of trying to help students out online when technology stands in my way. At least with all these tech problems I have time to blog while getting paid :-)

No comments: