Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fool us once...

So I don't know whether it's due to budget cuts, or sheer laziness but the NJ state police have taken to leaving unoccupied patrol cars on the side of the highway. They will park them in places where you would expect a patrol car to be hiding to catch you speeding, but then after everyone hits their breaks and you drive by the car at a snail's pace you will realize there's not actually anyone in it.

I have to admit it actually is a good idea.... at first. I admit I drove by and checked my speed the first few times. But, after seeing the car parked in the same exact spot for about 2 weeks now, and never seeing an officer in it, I barely even glance at my speedometer in a panic. I also noticed today that no one else was hitting their breaks, thinking they were about to get pulled over. We've all got it figured out!

So, to the state police I say, "fool us once, shame on you, fool us again and again?.....not gonna happen". :-)

No comments: