Monday, May 10, 2010

A new stage....

Today we officially entered a new stage of parenthood..

We've been leading up to it for a while as Ryleigh has been walking more independently.... but since she loves clinging to her Me-me I didn't think it would ever be a problem. Last weekend at the zoo she refused to walk unless two people were on either side of her, holding her hands.

But today at the Aquarium, oh my goodness. You would have thought that we had greased her hands up with butter before arriving. Despite having me and Ryan holding her hands she somehow kept slipping her hands away and running around wherever she wanted. How is it possible that 2 adults can't hold on to one little toddler?

Thankfully we can still run faster than her and she never got more than a couple feet in front of us. But as I now realize we are in this new stage I suddenly feel like taking Ryleigh to public places may be more of a hassle than it is worth.

I thought about becoming a hermit and just staying inside where it's nice and safe from now on. But then I decided against it. Looks like I'll just have to learn and adjust to this pleasant new stage :-)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

practice makes perfect! hermit-hood isn't all it's cracked up to be. just wait til her legs are a little longer and there's more than one to chase--now THAT is a problem! ha!