Monday, November 22, 2010

A new tradition?

Ryan and I are in search of a new family tradition... which sounds kind of oxymoronic (yes, I made that word up) right? But let me explain....

As the holidays approach, and Ryleigh is older, we would like to find fun things to do as a family to celebrate the holidays, and hopefully we'll enjoy them and continue them in the years to come.

It seems like as long as Ryan is working for R+F we will spend Thanksgiving in NJ because he only gets Thursday off. So this year we're trying to come up with something to do on Thursday as a family. So far all we've come up with is getting to Christmas decorations out of the hideously over-packed storage closet. But that's where our ideas end :-( And Ryan has a rule about not decorating for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over, so going to get a tree is out, as well as putting up other decorations.

So for the next couple of days I will be brainstorming ideas. Cause I know if I don't come up with something much of our holiday will be spent laying on the couch :-(

4 comments:

Shelly said...

i love holiday couch time! =) is the zoo open? that would be a fun/free family day.

Deborah said...

Aw, When the kids are older, and you don't have any travelling to do, you can always go to the movies, I know a lot of families do that (thus the reason why movies open on Thanksgiving Day). But, our family tradition was always to watch Miracle on 34th Street in the morning, and then set up the tree, but if Ryan is opposed to that, I got nothin. :( That was such a fun tradition though, maybe Ryan will have a softening of heart in that department. (I mean really, on Thanksgiving, or after Thanksgiving- it's ONE day, right?) :)

JerseyGranny said...

How about the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philly?

Anonymous said...

I like the parade idea.........also, find a nice park/zoo/easy hike, and go for a walk as a family....