Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where are you Christmas?

"Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?"

So many people this year have said they're just not feeling the Christmas spirit, and they're wondering why.

I have your answer.
The Christmas spirit has turned into the Politically Correct eggshells that we all must tiptoe around during the holiday season.
Think about it. How are you supposed to get in the Christmas spirit when no one can even say, "Merry Christmas" to you?

I don't know about you, but each time I want to wish someone a Merry Christmas I find myself biting my tongue, because god forbid we offend someone by inferring they may celebrate a holiday that they don't in fact celebrate!  Then I start getting all mad inside, and it pretty much squelches the merriness I was feeling.

It's too stressful when you have to worry about insulting a certain people group all the time. You just can't find the Christmas spirit in the "holiday trees", or the "holiday lights", or the "holiday food".

Christmas has been wiped out of our society. And unlike the Grinch I don't think it will ever have a change of heart :-(

No comments: