Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Significance

Every year the Superbowl rolls around and I can't help but think what I was doing during the Superbowl 5 years ago.
 It was on that day that I moved to New Jersey. I attended a couple of Superbowl parties to say good-bye to all my friends, and then Ryan and I took off for our long drive. The night before was so full of drama, and tears, and fights, and fears, I was seriously having my doubts about making the move. But, since I had already quit my job, gotten a new job, and found a place to live I decided to move anyway. It was so sad to leave so many friends behind! When I think of all the friends I left and haven't talked to since then it kinda makes me cry.
But, despite everything I'm glad I moved. It's been very, very tough but in the end I am blessed with a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, and a growing boy who will hopefully show his face soon.

But that's not all the Superbowl reminds me of.

3 years ago a co-worker of Ryan's invited us to a party at his uncle's house. This was still back when I was struggling to make friends in a new place, so I was just excited to be invited anywhere. But little did I know how much that co-worker and his wife would mean to me now. That's the day I met our friends Chad and Regina. And ever since then they have been a source of fun, friendship, and comfort. Even though we have hectic schedules right now, and don't see each other at often as we'd like I am so glad I met them 3 years ago!

And then 2 years ago during the Superbowl I was sitting in my hospital room gazing at my beautiful new baby girl. We ordered wings and pizza and had it delivered to my room and sat around watching the game on the tiny tv. Not exactly the most fun party ever, but I didn't even care. I was so wrapped up in watching my baby I don't even think I could tell you what teams were playing!

So now we'll see what's in store for this year!

No comments: